Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Receiving My First Pay


I can still remember from years ago when I received my first pay.
It was the first fruit of my hard earned labor, I didn't know what to say.
I know it wasn't a lot but I'm still lucky anyway,
I finally got a job where I'm going to get a regular pay.

Long after that, I decided to quit my job,
My pay's not enough, I said to myself.
I will find another job that will help me grow and learn more,
And give me much better offer than what I had before.

I was right for letting that job go,
I was accepted for another job after about a week or two.
How happy I was to land this job,
I will surely be able to save more now, I won't feel odd.

Funny that in life we keep wanting more.
One day what we have was just right,
The next day, we say it's not everything is not alright.
We go search again and find another thing which we thought could make us contented,
Only to, later on, leave it for another thing we thought we'd be pleased.

In this life, the key is contentment.
No matter how big or small we have, if we learn to appreciate, we won't want anything more.
Sure it's sure to dream of something bigger, but a dream is different from selfish ambition.

Be happy with what you have.
Be thankful for the things you received.
In every opportunity, learn to give thanks,
And you from there, the happiness you will find.

No comments:

Post a Comment